Who Are…What We Do
Progressive Energy is a family-owned, full-service insulation and construction company. We opened our doors in 1988 and are based in Hugo, Minnesota.
We know insulation. We know construction.
We’re proud of the work we’ve done and the high standards we’ve kept.
- We’ve are BPI Certified Insulation Installers
- We’ve been Lead Abatement Certified since 2010
- We are a BBB member with an A+ rating
- We’re an approved contractor for Xcel Energy and Centerpoint Energy Rebate Programs
- We’ve been a Community Action Program’s insulation program partner for over 35 years
- We’re licensed and bonded as a general contractor in Minnesota
- We’re an experienced custom residential home builder and remodeler
We are James and Diane Weber — the founders, owners, and operators of Progressive Energy. We work as a husband and wife team. We have built a company that families can depend on to be honest and excellent in everything we do.
James is a skilled craftsman whose quality of work speaks for itself. He has meticulous standards for himself and his crews, and has built and designed homes all around the Twin Cities. He was the first certified blower door technician in Minnesota…back in 1982. He’s worked with Community Action Programs for over 35 years and regularly updates his certifications with the State of Minnesota. He and his crews have competed at weatherization conventions and have been awarded for the quality and speed of their work. He’s been a trainer through Summit Academy and CAP Agencies and is recognized as an expert in home energy efficiency.
While James is out on projects, managing crews and making sure each job is completed with quality, Diane is in the office. She keeps the wheels turning smoothly behind the scenes and makes sure our customers’ needs are met.
Together we run a full-service insulation and construction company that you can trust.